No products in the cart.
Your nutrition is your strength and medicine!
How can I boost my immune system and improve its function?
In addition to the need to follow the preventive health guidelines published by the World Health Organization and the Saudi Ministry of Health to limit the spread of epidemics, the importance of getting adequate sleep, avoiding the rise of the hormone cortisol resulting from constant stress, and practicing daily exercise all play a very important role in strengthening the immune system.
Proper and healthy nutrition is also a key factor in the process of strengthening the body’s immunity, here are some nutritional tips:
1. Make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to maintain the vitality of the body and fight disease
2. Control the amount of sugar and carbohydrate intake because they weaken the immune system and affect the perfection of its function in protecting the body
3. Eat vegetables and fruits of all colors
Focus on vegetables and fruits rich in:
Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, and lemons, as well as strawberries, guavas, and some vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and colored sweet peppers.
• Vitamin A such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes
Folic acid, such as spinach, asparagus, and citrus fruits
• Iron and selenium, such as apples, bananas, and carrots
• Zinc, such as berries, guava, and pomegranate
4. Focus on eating an adequate amount of healthy fats and “omega-3” found in olive oil, flaxseeds, chia seeds, fish, and tuna.
5. Focus on spices that help on boosting the immune system, because they contain “phytochemicals”
Example of important spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, clove
6. Make sure to eat balanced meals that include all food groups so that the body gets enough energy to boost the immune system
You can divide the dish into (4 sections):
• For the first two parts, consume vegetables (whether fresh or cooked) and fresh fruits
• For the third section, fill up with the portion of animal protein
• For the fourth section, be sure to eat complex carbohydrates and grains.