Why sports? Because why not…

Doing sports has many benefits that go beyond keeping your body healthy and fit.

Let’s find out more through these points…

Many athletes do better academically:
Playing a sport requires a lot of time and energy. Many mothers think that doing sport will distract their children from getting high grades but the opposite is true. Sports require memorization, repetition, learning and critical thinking that are directly relevant to class work. Don’t you think so? Besides, developing the feeling of being committed and responsible for something even if you’ve got a lot of tasks to be done is definitely an extra skill.

Physical health benefits of sports:
Playing sports can help you manage your weight, while also giving your muscles and cardiovascular system a good workout. Participating on a regular basis helps you burn calories. For example, a 70kg person who plays basketball for an hour burns around 596 calories. However, they also encourage healthy decision-making such as not smoking and not drinking. Sports also have hidden health benefits such as lowering the chance of osteoporosis or breast cancer later in life.

Sports boost Self-Esteem:
Achieving a sport or fitness goal will definitely encourage you to set more other goals not only in your sports life but also in your personal life and push yourself forward to achieve them.

Also, it will make you confident and increase your willpower towards anything you want to get or achieve in your life.

Reduce stress and pressure using sports:
Exercising is a natural way to loosen up and let go of stress. All the negative feelings will be out and replaced by satisfaction and calmness, those feelings are out of achieving something. It goes beyond being able to wear a medium t-shirt instead of large size t-shirt. It is in fact, all about your commitment to do something good for yourself, that reflects on your self worth and how you value yourself. In addition to the emotional benefits, your brain releases endorphins, which are directly related to your psychological well being and overall happiness.

Now that you know more about the benefits of exercising. We’ll discuss some things you must know!

No pain No gain!

You know when you get that feeling of comfortable pain after working out, that’s because you got blood pumping to your muscles. This “pain” will soon become something you crave. It will no longer feel like pain, and more like a reminder of your achievement and of what your body can do and how you do take care of it. It makes you feel alive!

So, don’t let a bit of pain discourage you from continuing to workout. However, you need to listen to your body, challenge it but don’t abuse it. Take it one step at a time and make sure you are doing the various exercises properly to avoid injuries.

Should I eat before or after my workout?

Okay, so when it comes to working-out, it’s only 30% of the equation to have a healthy body, the other 70% is all about what you eat. It’s true, abs are made in the kitchen. The short answer to the question of when to eat is, you should eat before and after you workout.

No matter when you choose to workout; just make sure to have your main meal 2 to 3 hours before working-out and possibly a light snack like a banana 30 minutes before you start. Going overboard with too much food in your stomach right before a workout will leave you feeling sluggish and can lead to stomach discomfort and heaviness.

Then after you finish your workout you have to have a protein-rich meal within 30 to 60 minutes maximum; our healthyU, DIETImeal, and DIETIsnack products are an excellent snack post workout.

Protein is important to help maintain the muscles in order to make sure that you lose pure fat and had a toned body. Having adequate amounts of protein is a must. To learn more about the right amount of protein for you, consult with one of our healthyU nutritionists.

Now that you know all of this, when is your next training session?

Take the step now and call our customer service on 920011410 to know more about our special offers and discounts at the premium gyms in Jeddah for all our members.

فتح الدردشة
هيلثي يو
مرحبًا! كيف يمكنني مساعدتك؟